Prince George’s County Department of Parks and recreation seeks to improve healthy food access for our residents while promoting economic and agricultural development. Stock up on fresh and tasty foods for you and your family all while supporting local farmers.
Prince George’s County has several farmers markets located throughout the county. Purchase organic produce, fresh baked goods, artisanal soaps and candles, various plants and herbs, and much more!
Interested in growing your own produce? Learn more about our community garden plots.
Click here for a list of Farmer’s Markets in Prince George’s County!
- Fresh: most food is hand-picked the morning of the farmers market.
- Organic: many of the farmers that participate in our farmers’ markets grow their produce using organic methods.
- Affordable: the value of the items at our farmers’ markets is typically better than what you would find at your local grocery store. Some farmers’ markets even accept federal nutrition assistance benefits!
- Better for the environment: small farms produce less environmental waste.
- Strengthens the local economy: when you buy from local farms you are directly supporting local independent/family farms.
- Accessible: farmers’ markets make healthy food choices accessible to everyone in the community.
- Enjoy the outdoors: get some fresh air while getting your shopping done!
View additional Health and Wellness offerings (make this a link to their calendar category) For more information, please call 301-446-6817, TTY 301-699-2544, or e-mail email@example.com.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation. TTY (Text Telephone) for customers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability 301-699-2544.